Medical Transcriptionist / Deep TMS Specialist
- Listen to dictation of the psychiatrist during a live psychiatric session
- Transcribe and interpret the dictation into diagnostic test results, operative reports, referral letters, and other documents as indicated
- Review and edit drafts making sure that the transcription is correct, complete, and has a consistent style
- Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a report that could compromise patient care
- Follow up with the healthcare provider to ensure the accuracy of the reports
- Submit health records for physician’s approval
- Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements
- Enter medical reports into electronic health records systems
- Perform quality improvement audits
- Willingness to obtain the Brainsway Technician Certification
- Facilitate Mapping
- Administer TMS treatments
- Track patient progress throughout TMS treatment
- Communicate any and all concerns to the Psychiatrist
- Maintain open communication to the treatment team to ensure the patient is responding effectively to the treatment
- Be an active and responsive member of the multidisciplinary treatment team
- Administer screening materials as required
- Complete preauthorization documentation to ensure insurance benefits are received
- Assist clerical staff in the collection of UA/BA samples
- Take/Record Vitals
- Interact in a positive and welcoming manner with patients and other organizational staff at all levels
- Complete all required clinical documentation in a comprehensive, accurate and grammatically acceptable manner
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Taking medical histories
- Entering information into computer systems
- Supervising CNA’s/CMA’s
- Moving patients safely
- Assessing patients’ mental health
- Providing emotional supports
- Scheduling of patient
- Collection of co-pays, deductibles, arrears balances
- Communicating with Accounts Receivable as needed
- Working with insurance companies
- Writing prescription’s, the physicians request
- Other duties as assigned/required
Full time, Monday through Friday, may be some early starts at 8am may be evenings as late as 7:30pm. Saturday and Sunday off*
*At times the successful candidate may be required to attend organizational meetings or events outside their normal work hours.
Education, Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
The successful candidate will have a full, current and unrestricted LPN license to practice nursing in the state of Kansas and/or Kansas and Missouri
Certification by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity as a Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist (RHDS) or Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist (CHDS) preferred. Evidence of secondary training in Medical Terminology and Billing and Coding may be considered in lieu of certification when combined with 2 or more years of job performance in a psychiatric office/setting.
Computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft computer software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience in Electronic Health Record (EHR) Software. Typing speed of at least 65wpm.
Critical-thinking skills. Must be detail oriented and able to spot any inaccuracies and inconsistencies in finished drafts. Must be willing and able to think critically when doing research to find the information needed to ensure that sources are both accurate and reliable.
Listening skills. Must listen carefully to physician and be able to interpret the intended meaning of the medical report.
Time-management skills. Must be proficient in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working under short deadlines
Writing skills. Must have excellent English language and grammatical skills.
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive wage commiserate with experience and education.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes and contact information to:
901 Kentucky St., Suite 206
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
or alternately, via email to Hope Heller, COO/Human Resources Director, at .