Find a therapist that is a good match for you
Our seasoned therapists have a lot to offer. If you are seeking individual therapy we have experienced clinicians who can provide couples therapy, family therapy, one on one sessions with adolescents and adults as well as individual play therapy for children and pet therapy. Our therapists can assist adults with transitional issues, depression, anxiety, mood regulation, grief, addiction and co-morbid issues. We will work with you to decide which therapist is the best match for you.
Interpersonal Psychiatry utilizes evidence-based interventions to address symptoms. This may include weekly psychotherapy over a short period of time or time-extensive interventions. Here at Interpersonal Psychiatry, we work with the patient to determine factors that contribute to their situation, assess how those factors affect the patient’s life, and offer new ways of dealing with the changes that are producing the symptoms. Through a collaborative approach we can offer a new perspective and alternative ways to continue leading a productively meaningful life.
Interpersonal Psychiatry offers these types of individual psychotherapies:
- Bereavement Therapy – helping to come to terms with the loss of a loved one, or with significant lifestyle changes.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – working to change unhelpful thinking and behavior.
- Contemplative Practice Therapy – mindfulness. It is rooted in the belief that all people are granted the internal wisdom necessary to heal from pain.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – therapists use bilateral stimulation, such as eye movements, to help the client process unresolved memories from adverse experiences.
- Expressive Arts Therapy – clients are encouraged by the therapist to explore their responses, reactions, and insights through different forms of art.
- Hypnotherapy – employs the use of hypnosis—an altered state of consciousness caused by the power of suggestion—to help facilitate behavioral and emotional change.
- Pet Therapy
- Play Therapy – the therapist encourages a child to explore life events that may have an effect on current circumstances, of the child’s choosing, primarily through play but also through language.
- Problem Solving Therapy – helping by teaching the effective management of negative effects of stressful events that can occur in life.
- Rumination Therapy – trying to achieve happiness through positive reminders from an individual’s past life experiences.
- Sleep and Relaxation Coaching – helping to slow down anxious and stressful thinking to allow for peace of mind, relaxation, and rest.
- Solution-Focused Therapy – A goal oriented therapy that places focus on a person’s present and future circumstances and goals rather than past experiences.
- Supportive Therapy – working to improve or reinforce self-esteem, self-reliance, and psychological well-being.
Couples therapy is a means of resolving problems and conflicts that couples have not been able to handle effectively on their own. It involves both partners sitting down with a trained professional to discuss their thoughts and feelings. The aim is to help them gain a better understanding of themselves and their partner, to decide if they need and want to make changes, and if so, to help them to do so.
Call us today to begin your treatment: (785) 393-6167.