What is Anxiety?
There are times when we feel anxious about certain things we’re about to do, like a job interview or meeting new people. But those anxious feelings will eventually subside after we tackle that experience.
There are other times when we may feel anxious about certain aspects of our lives, but these feelings don’t go away after a few hours. They last for days, weeks, and sometimes even months.
When you’ve been dealing with anxious feelings for an extended length of time, things might get overwhelming for you. If this is happening to you or a loved one, then it might be an anxiety disorder.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some people may feel butterflies in their stomachs. Others may start to sweat profusely. Anxiety can appear in many different ways, so it’s essential to know the symptoms. They are:
- Having difficulty concentrating on a task
- Feelings of panic
- Trouble sleeping
These are some of the symptoms of what a person who suffers from general anxiety may experience. However, there is also the chance that a person can suffer from an anxiety attack.
The fear of an upcoming event can bring on anxiety attacks. Since anxiety varies in each person, it’s hard to know when someone is suffering. Keep a watchful eye out for the symptoms listed above and also:
- Hot flashes
- Profuse sweating
- Numbness in any part of a person’s body
If you know these symptoms, you may be able to help someone dealing with an anxiety attack.
What Causes Anxiety?
Doctors aren’t able to find out what causes of anxiety. However, a combination of underlying illnesses, job stress, and some social situations may contribute to anxiety.
Also, disorders such as OCD and PTSD, which are anxiety disorders, can increase anxiety levels.
Here at Interpersonal Psychiatry, we understand how much anxiety can impact your daily lives. The constant fear that you or a loved one experiences take away from who you are as people.
To treat your anxiety, we offer different treatment options. Each of these will help you enhance the quality of your life. We offer:
- Counseling and psychotherapy services
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- This type of therapy helps you recognize the negative thoughts and emotions you’re having and how they affect your behavior
- As you learn about how those negative feelings are affecting your daily life, we teach you techniques to help you manage them
- Psychiatric Medication management to help you in your journey with taking medication to manage your anxiety
- Anxiety medication is helpful but can often be overused when it’s not needed
We give you the right dosage according to your needs
- This enables you to manage your anxiety at a productive level and helps us keep track of your progression
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy
- This type of therapy will stimulate neuron growth in your brain that will bring about feelings of relaxation and peacefulness
- Feelings of anxiety are known to go away minutes after starting this treatment